BELL TENT and TENT PITCH BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When booking accommodation with Eco Camp Ltd. (Trading as Eco Camp UK), you are agreeing to enter into a binding contract with us.
References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to Eco Camp UK and references to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of that person’s party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
Eco Camp Ltd accepts no liability for loss or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. In making this booking you are accepting full responsibility for yourself, your booking party, your children and you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions, which can also be viewed in full on our website.
All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. Eco Camp Ltd accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
General Booking Information.
1. Booking Form: Booking forms are completed via the online booking system on our website. If you make a phone booking we will complete the form for you.
2. Booking Confirmation: We will send you a booking confirmation via email. Please contact us if you do not receive this. Please check your Booking Confirmation and notify us of any errors immediately. You must be over 18 year of age to make a booking
3. Payment: During the processing of your completed online booking form, your full payment must be processed via our accepted payment options unless otherwise agreed. Your payment is made in full and consists of a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total booking amount. You have two (2) days in which your payment must be processed into our system from your bank or financial institution if payment. If the payment money is not received in this time we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
4. Charges have VAT. Our VAT Registration Number is 167 1503 16
5. The Bell Tents and Tent Pitches are let for holiday use only, for the time specified.
6. Cancellation or Changes by YOU: It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone us and then confirm in writing. If you cancel your booking the following applies:
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your 50% of total non-refundable deposit payment. The remainder of any of your other payments made will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your full payment.
We will in all cases attempt to re-let your Bell Tent or Tent Pitch. If we are able to re-let for the whole period originally booked we will refund the balance of all payments less 25% (with a minimum of £20) administration fee and any credit or debit charges involved in payment process. If we are unable to re-let your Bell Tent or Tent Pitch the above conditions apply. If you book via a third party organisation and not directly via our website they may have additional terms and conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation.
7. Cancellation or Changes by US: Once we have issued you with a confirmation, we will do our very best not to make any changes or cancellation to your booking. Sometimes changes do occur before or after bookings have been confirmed and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
We recommend insurance to cover cancellation, loss, damage or injury. As a small business we are not able to act as your insurers and re-arrange your stay due to your changes in personal circumstances.
We regret that pets are not permitted at our campsites.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival times for Bell Tents are between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Arrival times for Tent Pitches are between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm. The Bell Tents and Tent Pitches must be vacated by 12:00 pm on a weekend or by 11:00 am on a weekday on the departure date. Alternative times can occasionally be arranged on request via the office. Please let us know if you expect to arrive late or are delayed.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived by noon on the day following the booking start date we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Noise Policy and Behaviour
We operate small scale quiet, relaxed and laid back campsites. All electronic music and percussion instruments of any kind are banned. Loud noise doesn’t fit into the vibe of communal camping. The wooded area adjoining from the campsite is off-limits and closed from 9pm-9am to minimize any noise pollution to our neighbours, fellow campers and for safety concerns. We ask that campers please respect fellow campers and our local neighbours. There is a LOW NOISE POLICY from 10pm around the campsite.
We reserve the right to remove any campers who act inappropriately or do not follow our noise guidelines.
Eco Camp UK’s campsites and their landscapes include some steep slopes, rough terrain, trees, brambles and other natural hazards. Depending on the weather, conditions can be cold, wet, slippery or hot, dry and brittle. We trust that you appreciate we can take no responsibility for the weather conditions at the time of your visit. We recommend that you come prepared with suitable clothing and footwear, so that you can enjoy the charm of the natural environment in all its diversity. Adults are responsible for ensuring their own safety and the safety of any children in their care. You must also expect that at certain times of the year creatures such as wasps, mice, spiders or ants may enter the bell tents or your own tents.
By booking with Eco Camp UK you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, hazards and dangers of entering the woodland and campsite.
Eco Camp UK reserves the right to close the campsite in extreme or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to do this is entirely at our discretion.
Eco Camp UK’s Wild Boar Wood Campsite’s boundary runs alongside a historical railway line. There is a secure fence separating the campsite and the railway line. It is forbidden due to the danger of trains to cross the fence at any time.
Our campsites are adjoining or near to agricultural land used for farming. There is also forestry work on land adjoining the campsites. Campers are must be careful when if entering these areas whilst camping with us.
The use of gas cookers, gas heaters or naked flames is not allowed at any time in any of our tents bell tents or your own tents whilst on the campsite due to fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Car Parks
The car parks for our campsites are located away from the campsite pitches. Directions and how to find the car park are found in the links sent to you via email. Only authorised vehicles are allowed access to the main campsite areas, unless approved for deliveries. The access tracks down to the campsite are only for staff and emergency vehicle access. All guests and any additional guests visiting the campsite may only park in the designated car park area. All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. Eco Camp Ltd accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
We ask that you leave your Bell Tent in a clean and tidy state upon your departure. It is a condition of your stay that you wash all cooking equipment and dishes used during your stay. Thank you for your co-operation. Group bookings that leave tents in an untidy state may forfeit an amount of their security deposit to pay for their cleaning costs.
As Eco Camp UK operates off-grid campsites, we have limited rubbish collection, so like many campsites we ask you to take home your rubbish with you. Rubbish bins are supplied with the bell tents, but you must remove your rubbish with you upon departure. We now provide limited re-cycling bins at both campsites for your use, however in peak times these may become full, requiring you must remove all rubbish. Wild Boar Wood also has a general waste collection for bell tent guests. Thank you for your understanding. Group bookings that leave rubbish may forfeit an amount of their security deposit to pay for their rubbish removal.
Additional Day Guests
With prior approval it may be possible for additional guests beyond to visit the site between 10am and 10pm. There is a charge of £6 per guest. The maximum numbers allowed onsite at any one time is may preclude guests visiting.
There will be a full-time warden at the campsite whilst campers are present. The warden will be charged specifically with ensuring noise is kept to a minimum during evening hours; cars are parked in the correct areas and do not park in the campsite proper; campsite rules are adhered to; security of the campsite and surrounding areas; no electronic or amplified music is played . The warden will, where necessary, enforce the low noise policy.
We ask for you and your guests to co-operate with our wardens. Please assist us be listening and adhering to the warden’s instructions, directions and requests. It is a condition of your booking that you agree to follow the directions of our wardens and staff.
No smoking is allowed inside the bell tents or within campsite facilities.
- You agree to look after the Bell Tents, Tent Pitches and Campsite. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of your booking, and you agree to leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we may make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the staff, landowners or any third party, we may refuse to allow you access to the Bell Tents, Tent Pitch and property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your booking, as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You are in a natural environment and as such you agree to respect all local flora and fauna. Any damage, wilful or negligent, will be taken seriously and may result in you and your party being requested to leave the campsite. In such cases we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You must allow us access to the Bell Tents at any reasonable time during your stay.
- The number of people using the Bell Tents or Tent Pitches may not exceed the number agreed when booking.
We supply an amount of firewood for our bell tents based on the bookings and number of nights of hire. Thereafter additional firewood is charged for. Pitch campers may purchase firewood as required. You must not collect firewood from the woodland area unless given specific permission. Fallen dead wood provides a natural habitat for many creatures. Please use only firewood supplied by Eco Camp UK, brought by you onto site or as directed by our staff.
If you have special requests or needs, you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your stay at Eco Camp UK please tell us before we confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
WE SUPPORT THE COUNTRYSIDE CODE and ask all our guests to do the same.
Code for the public
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them and follow paths unless wider access is available
Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under effective control (dogs and pets are not allowed on our campsites)
Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead and be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs
Your Happiness and Satisfaction!
It makes us happy if you enjoy your stay with us! If you have any problems during your stay, please let the wardens know immediately so we can try and sort them out while you are here. If you have any complaints thereafter, please address them to
Eco Camp LTD, 17 Brigden Street, Brighton BN1 5DP.
Eco Camp LTD or their staff or business partners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused. We accept no liability for injury sustained to any party whilst on our campsite.
Eco Camp LTD. Company No. 07612800. Registered Office: 17 Brigden St, Brighton, United Kingdom BN1 5DP